Saturday, November 18, 2006


Day 18 - Things Are Taking an Interesting Turn

I need to be at 33,333.332 words tonight to be on pace. Last night I didn't write at all so I thought I was gonna be in trouble. However it wasn't as bad as I thought to catch up. So I'm at 33,385 right now and I'm not quite ready to stop. I've gone ahead and loaded it into the word verification tool just in case I get so into my writing that I forget the time.

The interesting turn things are taking is that one of my secondary characters has gone and gotten my attention and I've spent this evenings writing time following through on some thoughts about her. It's also taken the story into a bit of a paranormal/fantasy direction. Which is not completely out of synch with the rest of the story - it was heading that direction anyway. It is going to be so interesting to piece this whole thing together and re-write. I still have no idea what's going on with these people although there are a couple directions I'm leaning towards settling on to follow as the main and sub-plots.

I'm going to really need those Learn Writing With Uncle Jim lessons when I finish my first draft...and I don't think I'll be finished at 50k words either. This looks to be a much longer work the way I'm writing. It's probably a good thing - easier to cut down than pad up.

I want to thank my two commenters from yesterday's post. It's fun to see that someone is reading!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home