Saturday, November 25, 2006


Just Because

I know I missed a post day for NaBloPoMo and I could just throw up my hands and say "forget it" but I've decided to go ahead and finish up the month anyway. Yesterday was a weird day - I was on line quite a bit, but I also slept in 'til 10 and then around 3 took a very long nap. I was a bit befuddled for the rest of the evening. Really couldn't have told you where my head had gone. I found myself completely absorbed in Laurell Hamilton's Obsidian Butterfly and by the time I finshed, it was well after 1 a.m.

I enjoy reading the Anita Blake series - not sure why. I don't normally like first person writing but it works for these books.

I need to get back to my NaNo WIP soon or all the effort of pushing myself to write thousands of words a night will have been just for NaNo instead of establishing a habitual BIC time. And my 50k words aren't the whole story - it needs to get where it was going - it's not even half way there!

That said, my daughter is in town for just one more day - I may not write 'til Monday - it's not her fault that I don't write or post, she goes out with her friends (like tonight) and I could use that time (like I am now) but I guess I'm just in 'vacation mode' because she's here.

I had a brief panic attack earlier - I loaded my WIP into the "official" word verifier and it came up at 45k and change. I could see it maybe being a couple hundred off - but 5k?? So I went back and re-saved my final Word doc into a text doc (which I thought I had done already) and re-loaded - that worked, I was sent to the official winner's page, got my new icons, etc. It's cute, too how they put the little banner on the profile page, too.

I'm very glad I did NaNoWriMo this year. I look forward to doing it again next year.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Lucas M said...

Nice post thanks for sharing.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home