Saturday, November 04, 2006


Day 4 of my WriMo Experience

Yeah, trying to do something different with the title today. This was a tough go. I took more and longer breaks but I managed over 2k words. I was more pleased with the output tonight - I felt like I was capturing some good emotions and setting up the conflict for the protags.

I've been reading a lot over the past few days as well. Finished King's Lisey's Story then Pratchett's Wintersmith and am now reading Stirling's A Meeting at Cornwallis. I've also dipped into Rober Crais' Two Minute Rule, but will put it off for a bit longer while I finish the Stirling. I'm starting to notice some things in the works I'm reading. I'm not entirely happy with that - I read for the pure joy of it. I want to get lost in the story, not critique it. However, if I do learn something that I can use to improve my own writing, I suppose it's not all bad.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home