Friday, October 13, 2006


Count down to NaNo

18 days to go. I need a plot and characters. I need a countdown ticker. I want a cookie...no, wait, get back on topic!! Do I want to do a Mind Map or traditional outline? One of my colleages over at Absolute Write has a tool on his site called Plot Craft - he lets you download it for free. (Woot Fahim!) Should I use Plot Craft? Do I have time to really figure out how to use Plot Craft (it's not the tool's fault - I just always need a lot of personal assistance to figure out new stuff - it's the way I learn)

I've got a copy of "No Plot? No Problem!" by Chris Baty, Program Director and founder of NaNo. I think I'll read it again.


2 Comments:

Blogger D.T. Kelly said...

Good luck!

I first heard of NaNoWriMo in 2003, but I was so swamped with schoolwork I couldn't do it.

In 2004, I actually joined, and then got so swamped with writng for class I never really got off the ground.

November is just a really bad month for a writing student.

In 2005, I was working full time and barely had time to write a blog.

And so we come to 2006. I first thought about NaNo in July, and realized it would be the perfect year to do it.

So what happens? I get inspired in September and have been working like mad on my first novel.

So alas, 2006 won't be a NaNo year ofr me either.

Oh well, I'll try to plan for 2007 ;)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Dawno said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting - you're the first! (if you don't count the 'test' post months ago...

I'm very excited for you that you got inspired and are working like mad on your novel - that's fabulous!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home