Wednesday, May 16, 2007


May Not Have a Review This Week

Here we are at Wednesday and I haven't found a new small press book to review - yet. I read fast, so it's possible that I'll squeak one in under the wire if I find it soon.

If you (yes, you, one of my 3 loyal readers!)would like to suggest something, please leave me a comment or send me an email. If you've been published by a small press and would like a review, please contact me!

I also thought I'd take a moment to give an idea of the kinds of books I would love to read:

Techno or Political Thrillers
Psychological mystery or thriller (I like Jonathan Kellerman, for example)
Science Fiction - pretty much anything
Fantasy
Romance
Humor and Satire
Military history/fiction (I read W.E.B. Griffith, for example)
Historical fiction (I love Rutherford and the like)

Now, if you've written GLBT themed fiction or romance, I could give it a try - I'm not a reader in this genre but I won't rule it out. Very strongly sexual erotica - also not a reader and probably wouldn't do it justice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thumper said...

How old can the book be? One that just popped into my head is "All Flowers Die" by Andrew K. Stone. It's been out for 6-7 years, but it's published by a very, very small press...

4:33 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

I was thinking about more current books, but I'm such a novice at this. My original goal was to have a place where I could review the books that POD People won't review because they're not self-published. That said, I'd like to maintain a once or twice a week schedule so it has at least some chance of maintaining an audience.

I'll be blogging later today on some additional thoughts I've had - Perhaps having a real goal for the blog wouldn't be such a bad idea? Lol...

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home